Upcoming Classes for 2018
All Seminars led by Coach & Author Cami McLaren
Purpose & Vision Book Study
What is the Value of Knowing Your Purpose?
There are two kinds of purpose.
1. The big purpose – your WHY for your life; for your business; for your family. This is your overall guide. Everyone has it but few of us know what it is. Once your purpose is clearly articulated, you are much more likely to get what you want in your chosen career, family and life in general.
Knowing your purpose will bring you a sense of fulfillment, drive and motivation.
2. Your purpose for the present moment – why am I doing what I am doing right now? This is also something few people articulate. When you ask this question, you may discover you are putting your time and energy into the wrong things. When you choose your actions purposefully, you become far more effective.
What is the Value of Having a Vision?
When you create a clear and written vision – for your business or elsewhere – you are vastly more likely to get what you want, and in a far shorter period of time.
When your Vision comes out of your known Purpose, you will also experience fulfillment, motivation and effectiveness. You will get what you want and things will become easier.
Starting in September 2018, Cami McLaren will host a 6-class (12-week) bi-weekly book study on the following chapters in her book Coaching for Attorneys: Improving Productivity and Achieving Balance:
1. Chapter 2: Creating a Well – Formed Outcome
2. Chapter 9: Purpose and Vision
This book study is for everyone who wants to discover the power of purpose and vision; and apply it to their businesses and lives. Coaching for Attorneys applies attorney examples to the concepts of purpose and vision, but is valuable and effective for all professionals.
Purpose of this Book Study: To connect you with what is most important for you in your career and overall. To attain a sense of groundedness and direction in order to get the results you really want.
Outcomes from this Book Study:
- A purpose statement for your business and/or life overall
- A vision statement for your business and/or a specific project
- A well-formed outcome [WFO] (clear outcomes/goals and defined milestones) for a particular time period. You may choose 2019 or you may choose a shorter (or longer) period of time. You may wish to create a WFO for a particular project, event or transition.
- Knowledge of how to use your purpose and vision to guide you
- Knowledge of how to use the well-formed outcome process to attain other outcomes
- Bi-weekly meetings on Tuesdays starting September 25, 6-8pm
- Accountability partners: Someone to talk to about homework and help you stay on track between classes. Accountability partners are recommended, but not required.
- September 25
- October 9
- October 23
- November 6
- November 20
- December 4
I will provide a makeup call for classes you cannot attend if you tell me before this series starts.
Location: TBD in Sacramento
Cost: $400, plus purchase of the book.
“Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” –John F. Kennedy
“Finding out my purpose allowed me to make very strategic decisions in my personal life and business. When a decision or action feels wrong or I feel anxious, I look to my purpose statement to find out how that decision is aligned or not aligned with who I am and how I want to be in the world. After figuring out and writing down my purpose, I was also able to identify things (or activities) that took time but did not fit my purpose. So, now I have more time for the things I love doing that make me happy. It has also become easier for me to say no to things that I don’t want to do, because I have identified that it does not serve my purpose. And for the activities that I say yes to and don’t know why, I look to my purpose to find the why and that helps me be at peace with my decisions. I chose them for a reason.”
– Ali Goff (Law Offices of Alexandria Goff)
“I have attended three of Cami’s book studies and found each of them valuable in different ways. Writing my purpose helped me to understand myself better and to make changes in my practice coming from a place of purpose. I was amazed at the end how well each person’s purpose matched who they are individually so well. Without taking the time to do the purpose book study I would not have made the time to create my purpose using the tools from Cami’s book on my own. Now I know that my purpose is to connect with people in a way that empowers excellence, and to be generous and strong.”
– Jennifer Duggan (Duggan Law Corp.)
“Taking the time to figure out my Purpose and to create a vision for my ‘perfect’ life has been one of the most positive, life changing experiences I’ve had in my almost 60 years on this planet. My only regret is that I didn’t find Cami and this program sooner. Being able to identify my Purpose has allowed me to find fulfillment in some form every single day while still working to create the vision of my ‘perfect’ life. It has allowed me to appreciate each day for the gift that it is even when I have a ‘bad’ day at work. This may sound unbelievable or hokey, but its true. And, this is coming from a 30+ year corporate attorney who has been able to embrace these lessons and completely change her life and, rather than simply looking towards retirement, is embarking on the excitement of a second career unrelated to the law, but fulfilling my Purpose. None of this would have been possible without Cami and this book study.”
-Ilene Block (in-house counsel)
To register, email email@example.com
June 19, 2018
The Art of Collaborative Communication
January 17, 2018
How to Make 2018 the Best Year of Your Career
Past Classes from 2017
January 17, 2017 (Tuesday) 9am - 11am
Goal Setting: How to Make 2017 Your Best Year
April 26, 2017 (Wednesday) 9am - 11am
What Have You Been Doing All Day? Learn to Manage Time for Greater Results
July 25, 2017 (Tuesday) 8:30am - 12 noon
Discover the Secrets of Effective Communication
October 24, 2017 (Tuesday) 8:30am - 12 noon