Sometimes it’s useful to just say what is so. There are stories we tell ourselves
Coaching is Useful for:
- Improving communication
- Gaining control over your work life
- Being more productive and managing time well
- Gaining energy, reducing stress
- Setting boundaries and prioritizing in a way that allows maximum productivity
- Setting and achieving goals
The Benefits of Coaching Are:
- Improved communication in work and personal relationships
- Clarity on what you want in your professional life and specific steps toward achievement
- Making values-based decisions and setting meaningful priorities
- Achieving a sense of balance between work and personal life
- Accountability for your choices, leading to realization of the control you have in all areas of life
- Determining the next level in work and personal life and achieving it
Sign up for our free newsletter full of useful business tips and receive a free gift – our complete time management tools research – a compilation of time management techniques from the experts.
Upcoming Classes for 2018
All Seminars led by Coach & Author Cami McLaren
Purpose & Vision Book Study
What is the Value of Knowing Your Purpose?
There are two kinds of purpose.
1. The big purpose – your WHY for your life; for your business; for your family. This is your overall guide. Everyone has it but few of us know what it is. Once your purpose is clearly articulated, you are much more likely to get what you want in your chosen career, family and life in general.
Knowing your purpose will bring you a sense of fulfillment, drive and motivation.
2. Your purpose for the present moment – why am I doing what I am doing right now? This is also something few people articulate. When you ask this question, you may discover you are putting your time and energy into the wrong things. When you choose your actions purposefully, you become far more effective.
What is the Value of Having a Vision?
When you create a clear and written vision – for your business or elsewhere – you are vastly more likely to get what you want, and in a far shorter period of time.
When your Vision comes out of your known Purpose, you will also experience fulfillment, motivation and effectiveness. You will get what you want and things will become easier.
Starting in September 2018, Cami McLaren will host a 6-class (12-week) bi-weekly book study on the following chapters in her book Coaching for Attorneys: Improving Productivity and Achieving Balance:
1. Chapter 2: Creating a Well – Formed Outcome
2. Chapter 9: Purpose and Vision
This book study is for everyone who wants to discover the power of purpose and vision; and apply it to their businesses and lives. Coaching for Attorneys applies attorney examples to the concepts of purpose and vision, but is valuable and effective for all professionals.
Purpose of this Book Study: To connect you with what is most important for you in your career and overall. To attain a sense of groundedness and direction in order to get the results you really want.
Outcomes from this Book Study:
- A purpose statement for your business and/or life overall
- A vision statement for your business and/or a specific project
- A well-formed outcome [WFO] (clear outcomes/goals and defined milestones) for a particular time period. You may choose 2019 or you may choose a shorter (or longer) period of time. You may wish to create a WFO for a particular project, event or transition.
- Knowledge of how to use your purpose and vision to guide you
- Knowledge of how to use the well-formed outcome process to attain other outcomes
- Bi-weekly meetings on Tuesdays starting September 25, 6-8pm
- Accountability partners: Someone to talk to about homework and help you stay on track between classes. Accountability partners are recommended, but not required.
- September 25
- October 9
- October 23
- November 6
- November 20
- December 4
I will provide a makeup call for classes you cannot attend if you tell me before this series starts.
Location: TBD in Sacramento
Cost: $400, plus purchase of the book.
“Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” –John F. Kennedy
“Finding out my purpose allowed me to make very strategic decisions in my personal life and business. When a decision or action feels wrong or I feel anxious, I look to my purpose statement to find out how that decision is aligned or not aligned with who I am and how I want to be in the world. After figuring out and writing down my purpose, I was also able to identify things (or activities) that took time but did not fit my purpose. So, now I have more time for the things I love doing that make me happy. It has also become easier for me to say no to things that I don’t want to do, because I have identified that it does not serve my purpose. And for the activities that I say yes to and don’t know why, I look to my purpose to find the why and that helps me be at peace with my decisions. I chose them for a reason.”
– Ali Goff (Law Offices of Alexandria Goff)
“I have attended three of Cami’s book studies and found each of them valuable in different ways. Writing my purpose helped me to understand myself better and to make changes in my practice coming from a place of purpose. I was amazed at the end how well each person’s purpose matched who they are individually so well. Without taking the time to do the purpose book study I would not have made the time to create my purpose using the tools from Cami’s book on my own. Now I know that my purpose is to connect with people in a way that empowers excellence, and to be generous and strong.”
– Jennifer Duggan (Duggan Law Corp.)
“Taking the time to figure out my Purpose and to create a vision for my ‘perfect’ life has been one of the most positive, life changing experiences I’ve had in my almost 60 years on this planet. My only regret is that I didn’t find Cami and this program sooner. Being able to identify my Purpose has allowed me to find fulfillment in some form every single day while still working to create the vision of my ‘perfect’ life. It has allowed me to appreciate each day for the gift that it is even when I have a ‘bad’ day at work. This may sound unbelievable or hokey, but its true. And, this is coming from a 30+ year corporate attorney who has been able to embrace these lessons and completely change her life and, rather than simply looking towards retirement, is embarking on the excitement of a second career unrelated to the law, but fulfilling my Purpose. None of this would have been possible without Cami and this book study.”
-Ilene Block (in-house counsel)
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org
June 19, 2018
The Art of Collaborative Communication
January 17, 2018
How to Make 2018 the Best Year of Your Career
Past Classes from 2017
January 17, 2017 (Tuesday) 9am - 11am
Goal Setting: How to Make 2017 Your Best Year
April 26, 2017 (Wednesday) 9am - 11am
What Have You Been Doing All Day? Learn to Manage Time for Greater Results
July 25, 2017 (Tuesday) 8:30am - 12 noon
Discover the Secrets of Effective Communication
October 24, 2017 (Tuesday) 8:30am - 12 noon
Communication 101: Nuts & Bolts of Listening, Speaking & Understanding
Recent News / Stuff From Our Blog
Often time management is not what you think it will be. There seems to be
My son went away to college this year. I was sitting at his orientation and
When people come to coaching they are often clear on what they want. Their big
Testimonials / What Our Clients Say
- Our office retained Cami McLaren a a Performance Coach for several of our lawyers. We have also hired her to give seminars to our staff members. Cami has performed above and beyond expectations with assisting the lawyers in areas of time management, work performance, and relationship building. Since she is a lawyer, she understands the pressures of the career. She also understands how important it is to balance the work place and home/family life. I would recommend her services to any law fim interested in improving their lawyers’ productivity. Cami’s seminars are thought-provoking and my staff has begged me to continue to have her as a speaker. Relationships in the work place are extremely important and Cami puts all the important qualities in perspective. We are very fortunate to have found her services and will continue to use her services for years to come.
- Before Cami, I thought I knew something about how to work effectively, but she has opened my eyes to a larger world of accountability and effectiveness. We began with learning a vocabulary. The vocabulary turned to vision. Cami helped me institute a plan of action for that vision and then work the plan. My work with her has returned many dividends in my personal and professional life, and I am grateful to Cami for her persistence and patience in teaching me to guide myself. Robert Sallander, Managing Partner Greenan, Sallander, Peffer and Lally, LLP San Ramon, CA
- I just finished Cami’s 10 week course for small business owners and it was fabulous—exactly what I needed to take my business to the next level. As a stay at home mother of two small boys, often times my business does not get the attention it needs in order to thrive. I started this class feeling limited and overwhelmed with the daily demands of running a business and raising a family. Cami helped me recognize the many barriers that get in the way of my success and gave me the tools to overcome them. In addition, Cami helped to show me that with proper time management and organization, it is more than possible to optimize both my time as a successful business owner and mother. Upon completion of the final class session, I felt empowered, inspired, excited and ready to take charge of my business. One of the best things about the accountability model that Cami teaches is that it overflowed into all areas of my life—having positively influenced my business as well as my personal relationships. If you are ready to move your business to the next level, Cami is the perfect person to assist you! Success will require an open mind, determination, discipline and courage, but like all good things in life, it is well worth the work.
- Unique and powerful class. I recommend the accountability and enrollment class to anyone who works with clients or customers or manages employees. This class helped me with all of my relationships, not just business relationships. The communication and time management sessions were particularly helpful to me. Holding the class in a 10-week format reinforced concepts and allowed me to really learn and use the tools that Cami provided. Even though each session was only 1.5 hours, I took away something important and useful from each class. Cami brought a diverse group of people together for the class, from different professions and different perspectives. I learned something from everyone there. I carry my class notebook around with me to keep the great information and tools at my fingertips. The class helped me to move myself and my business forward, and I thank Cami for that gift.